Tuesday, August 30, 2005
Irony, at it's finest
Now, let me just state as a disclaimer, that I'm sure this is what I saw, but I was unable to confirm it (by the constant double checking that usually infiltrates it's way into my day). This is so tragically ironic, I don't think I could have imagined it.

This morning, I was walking by the newspaper boxes. The Chronicle Herald, the Daily News and the Globe and Mail side by side.
The Globe, as per usual featured the top political story.
The Daily News as per usual, had a public interest photo. Today's photo just happened to be of someone having the time of their life paragliding. It was a bright blue sky with a colourful parachute and a notably happy paraglider.
The Chronicle Herald, however, also had a story about a skydiver. Unfortuntely, the story was a tragic one about a skydiver who died in the Valley this weekend.

The irony of the covers of the two papers side by side is uncanny. I know, I know, it's tragic. I'm sure it was a fluke at the Daily News and they had probably gone to press by the time they got wind of the accident (no pun intended). Either that, or someone out there has a sick sense of humour.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer