Saturday, October 08, 2005
Dancer in the Dark
An hour ago, I started one of my favourite kind of posts.
It’s the “I can’t sleep” post.  It comes after at least an hour of tossing, turning, tangly blankets and wandering thoughts.  At least tonight my safe haven of sleepless felt safe.  Some nights, it doesn’t.

The hour long timer on my Ipod had long shut itself off, and I even tried listening to silence.  Tonight, the silence felt comfortable, my bed felt comfortable, but something wasn’t right.

Eventually I gave up the fight.  I really could go crazy on a night like tonight.  Mystery.

Trying to reason it is useless.  And maybe it really was just a fluke.  But now, it’s all so much clearer.  As I logged into MSN, a few messages popped up instantly.  Yes, I’m really signing on at 2 am, is what I said.  
Conversations took a different turn than usual.  Too many people unable to sleep means an uncanny level of honesty.  Or maybe it’s the chance to unload some of those thoughts that plague the mind when really all you want is to put it to rest.  So now, feeling strangely comforted through having spent more time ‘listening’ than ‘typing’, I’m ready to try sleeping again.  
And of course, the “I can’t sleep” post is my favourite.  Because for some strange reason it’s always easier to be honest in the dark.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats so true...easier to talk in the dark.

Megan

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer