Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Defuse
The bathroom light turned itself off without warning.  As I fumbled my way out into the hallway, it was dark.  The microwave had switched itself off.  The lights all refused to come back on when I flicked the light switch a couple of times. Nothing would work.   No big deal, a power outage.  
I find my way to the kitchen, and by the glow of the pink nightlight, I light a candle. I use the candle as my light source while looking for my mini Maglite.    Come to think of it, the living room has a faint glow to it as well.  Laptop – go figure.  The difference is, the internet is still working.  Strange.  It’s then it dawns on me.  If this is a power failure, then why is the nightlight still on?

I wander around and try to turn on every light.  The living room is aglow by the screen of my laptop.  In the kitchen, we have the nightlight.  No lights in the hall, living room, bathroom or even my bedroom.  I use the flashlight on my key chain, make my way to the fuse box and reset.  I’m back in business.  Let there be light – and microwaves.  



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe I can just see you do that!!! *giggles* Two more sleeps!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer