Monday, October 10, 2005
Self Preservation
Every once in a while it takes someone else to remind you who you are, where you came from and what you may or may not be about.  Not that they’re **always** right, but sometimes they can help you remember something about yourself that forgotten.
Self preservation is a full time occupation.  We all need a little help once in a while.  This weekend I got a double dose.

All she said to me was, “I wrote a new blog last night, I think you’ll like it”.  Like it? I loved it!  It was so thoughtful and sweet, and encouraging it made me feel so much better about everything.  Life, the universe and everything.  I’m still speechless.  (and we all know that takes a lot).  I consider myself lucky to be able to hang out with you!

The right card is hard to find.  That’s why I started The One Odd Sock Card Company back in the day.  I haven’t been making cards as much lately.  Certainly not as many as I used to.  But Joan was looking for a certain type of card.  I knew it would be a challenge, but I offered my services anyway.  I do love a good creative challenge.  Thank you, Joan.

After searching high and low (literally – top shelf of the closet and under the bed), I was able to piece together my card making supplies.

Colour. Paper. Stamps. Embossing Powder. Ink. Ribbons. Bows. Glitter. Pens. Glue.  Colour.

The idea came without much work.  I had to work on some new techniques to get exactly what I wanted, but eventually it all came together.  I scaled back on the usual finishing touches like ribbon and bows.  This was a card for ‘hurley-burley’ men.  I kept it on the toned down side.

Now it’s 2:30 am, and I’ve just finished cleaning up.  Having spent the last few hours creating, I’m reminded why I started doing all this in the first place.  It’s fun.  I love it.  It clears my head.  And most of all, it just makes me happy to create.  Especially when I know it’s all transferable happiness.  I know, I’m One Odd Sock.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, I made Tracy Lowe speechless! Incredable!

Megan

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer