Thursday, October 13, 2005
Havoc, indeed
I was surprised to see an email with her name on it in my inbox.  I read it excitedly—so excitedly that I more or less skimmed it.  The message however, came through loud and clear.  She was in Wolfville.

We bonded through trials and tribulations, giggles and random silliness.  Nine months exploring Canada together.  We learned about ourselves more than anything else.  We learned to use each others strengths while helping each other overcome their weaknesses.    

There were moments of extreme laughter.  Moments where someone knows you better than you know yourself.  And moments, where you’re glad that if someone had to witness something that embarrassing, it was her.   She taught us how to laugh at ourselves – simply because she did it too. She used to be a girl of Havoc.  Now she’s just another wise copper vixen.

At the end of nine months, saying good-bye to Anne was a challenge.  I knew I would miss her.  And although I knew that girl would always be mobile, I knew she would also be back.  Four years ago she came for a visit.  We hung out just like old times.  We laughed so hard my roommates thought we were drunk.  Only off of silliness though.  

I don’t know when we lost touch exactly, but we were each pulled different directions.  Different set of busy lives, in different countries.  They left us in a lurch.  Until yesterday, when she emailed to see if I’m still in Halifax.  She’s in Wolfville.  Just under an hour away.

I’m restraining myself from going and knocking on people’s doors until I find her.  I’m waiting not so patiently for her to phone.  She asked if she could come visit.  And I’ve been grinning from ear to ear since.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer