Sunday, January 15, 2006
Abulia
It’s been a long time since I’ve posted.  I guess I’ve just had nothing postable.  There have been slivers of stories and odd glimpses of pensiveness.  But nothing seemed right.  It all seemed too much or too little and then it inevitably ended up being too late.  Sure, I did think of some things I could write about to humour you all, or to hopefully work on maintaining my readership.  But I wasn’t convinced, I couldn’t narrow it down at all.  One minute it was a great idea, one minute it was an awful idea. One might even go as far to say that I was suffering from abulia.  Actually, one would definitely go that far to say.

Abulia : n: abnormal lack of ability to act or to make decisions.  

“By about two in the afternoon, I feel as if abulia has set in and I just can’t go on without another cup of coffee”.


This was Thursday’s word of the day.  I never knew I could be summed up from a page in my calendar.  Even the sentence they used the word in is reflective of me.  I’m totally going to use this word.  Next time I’m feeling pressured to make a decision, I’m just going to respond with “I’m sorry, I suffer from abulia”.  It almost sounds like a medical condition.  

I am thinking about how to end this post.  This abulia is really getting to me, I can’t figure it out.

Okay Joan, tag team effort.  You’re up in three, two, one……


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abulia! Oh my goodness, you poor thing!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer