Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Dancing Queens
She dances while her father plays guitar.  She’s suddenly beautiful, and we all want something beautiful.

Belly dancing – Week two.

No one played guitar, and certainly not anyone’s father.  But there were dancers.  And there were scarves.  And quite frankly, that was good enough for us.

Now, the funny thing is that us girls that possess poor skills of co-ordination had a little difficulty today.  While everyone else draped their scarves eloquently with a single and fluid hand motion, my spastic hand motion blinded me, and almost suffocated me on more than one occasion.  

And when you incorporate the hip movements that are supposed to occur if I remember to bend my right knee at the right angle then transfer the weight to the right part of the left foot, it all gets a little complicated.  Just a little.

But we twirled, and scarves twirled with us.  And we danced, and the scarves danced with us.  We laughed, and I swear those scarves laughed too.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer