Monday, April 10, 2006
Lot full
They say goldfish have no memory and that their life is a lot like mine.  The little plastic castle is a surprise every time.

When I finished my degree last summer, I was afraid my brain was going to turn to mush.  I embarked on many courses of self-directed learning (mostly in the form of reading non fiction books about subjects that interest me) – all so my brain would not forget how to learn.  

I also took some courses for general interest.  Things I’ve always wanted to try – jewelry making (Sterling silver) and glass bead making, then eventually the second level of jewelry.  I also started guitar lessons.

Last week, I had my first Belly Dancing Class.  Yesterday, my first lesson driving a standard car.

And do you know what the lesson of today is?  My brain is full to capacity.  It told me so.  Smack in the middle of my guitar lesson.  My teacher would show me something, I would repeat it without much difficulty, and then the next time I went to play it, I couldn’t.  I couldn’t even remember a little bit.

I’m hoping if I get some sleep that my brain will empty out a bit.  Or maybe all the info will settle down and make room for some new stuff.  Because right now, I think it’s too full to even think… and people who like to over-think things need a brain that can handle that.

All this is too bad really.  I had big plans for my future.  Huge, actually.  I guess the old brain really is getting old.  I think it just needs a vacation.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer