Friday, October 14, 2005
Control Freak
Some days, I like to be in control.  Some days, no so much.

This morning, definitely not so much.  

The day started a little later than it was supposed to.  I planned my outfit carefully based on what was clean and not so wrinkly.  Black sweater, grey knee length skirt, and black shoes.  The shoes had given me problem crater sized blisters the past few times I wore them because I had no socks on.  Given the chilliness of the weather and the soreness factor, I decided to wear pantyhose.  I hate them.  Most women do.

Now, I know I have a bit of a male readership out there, and guys, I’m sorry to talk this.  I know, you won’t understand it completely.  You might think that you do, but until you’ve been forced to spend 16 consecutive hours in them, you don’t.  If you have spent that much time in them—I don’t think I need to know about that.  Ask the women in your life, significant other, friend, or even your mom or sister.  They’ll tell you.  Don’t go stealing their pantyhose though!

My problem with panty hose is this – control top.  It’s overly controlling.  Apparently, it’s supposed to suck things in and smooth things out, but really, totally movement inhibiting.    After ripping the first pair while trying to wiggle into them, I took extra caution with the old pair I found in my drawer.  They went on easier than the first pair and without rips.  Then I remembered what I hate about them… control top.  In other words, the top part from hip to mid thigh made movement feel ridiculously unnatural.  

It kind of made me glad that I slept in and didn’t have time to walk to work.  I’m not sure I would have made it.  Control top.  They’re controlling my life.


1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

OK, you're right. I don't truly understand. However, I do acknowledge that there are many things that women live with and worry about, which men don't live with or worry about. But good luck with that control top thing. If I ever get a girdle, we can compare notes!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer