Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Excuse me, I think you're standing on my feet
Apparently not just my own two feet.  There are a whole lot of feet attached to the people who read this.  And I’m sorry a thousand times to everyone I made worry about my ‘big’ decision.

It was cryptic. I was so eager to talk this through myself.  It was the type of decision that I had to make for myself.  I’m sorry, the clues were hidden, the meaning was hidden.  I didn’t mean to make you assume the worst.  There was one line that said the decision was trivial and unimportant.  The decision was whether or not I was going to participate in a craft showcase.  I know, it sounds ridiculous.  Please don’t roll your eyes at me.  Would I ask for a day off of work so I could show and hopefully sell my jewelry at work?  I didn’t want to ask for a day off.  I didn’t know if I should spend more money, more time and more effort on jewelry.  What if it doesn’t sell? What if no one likes it? What if it breaks? What if, What if, What if…. I’ve always been a ‘what if’ kind of girl.

This is a little more important to me than it probably should be.  I’ve always wanted to try having a table at a market or show of some kind.  I’m not sure why, but it’s something I’ve been compelled to do.  It’s on the list of goals I want to accomplish in the next five years.

I didn’t mean to make you worried.  I’m grateful to know you care.  I never doubted it for a second.  I know there are lots of ears out there who would listen to me complain debate, discuss, decide, or even deconstruct the most meaningless little act down to a microscopic molecule.

So yes, I’m entering the craft showcase.  You should come… it’s at the IWK on Friday, November 18th from 11-2.  

And I’m sorry for writing about such a trivial decision in such a cryptic manner on such an over-pensive day.  I will never do it again. But thank you, thank you, thank you.  It’s really great to know so many people are watching out for me.  The fact that I don’t always have to stand on my own two feet is worth more to me than diamonds on the soles of my shoes.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that feeling all too well... I'm trying to decide how much money I should put into my quilting business and if or how I should promote it.
I wish I could come! I'd love to be able to sport my own Tracy Lowe Original Creation!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer