Saturday, January 21, 2006
Magic
The cursor on my screen was taunting me – as it has been for the better part of the week.  None of the posts I have written this week have lived to tell the tale.  Simply, because there are no tales to be told.

Most of my free time has been devoted to reading this week.  I’ve finally finished the fourth Harry Potter book.  Yesterday, I even had to read with one eye closed and the other eye open…. Whatever it took, I was bound to get to the end of that book.  The next one was waiting patiently next to my bed.  It has a story, it is a story.  And it waits patiently to tell the story that forms a good solid 766 pages of text.

Today, I realized that the ‘rocket’ system that sends stuff to the lab is kind of, in a weird round about way, like the ability to ‘apparte’.  We place objects in the tube, tube is sucked up a tunnel and miraculously appears in another area of the hospital – and on a different floor at that.  All this happens pretty instantaneously.  

And to think, I thought magic only happened in Harry Potter books.  Although, admittedly, the ‘magic’ of the tube system has worn off.  But the Harry Potter books, they’ve got more than a little magic in them.


1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Yay!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer