Monday, January 16, 2006
A Perfect Scandal Beyond Words
My application for a new computer was declined.  Apparently, mine was borderline.  They did decide, however, that it was time to switch me from Windows 98 to 2000.  

The transition was seemingly seamless.  The IT department even performed the update over the holidays when I wasn’t in the office.  Bonus. I didn’t have to make work that didn’t involve my PC.

This morning, I was working on developing a brochure.  I went to open a WordPerfect document, and funny enough, WordPerfect was no longer on my computer.  Yep, gone.

I called the IT help desk, to enquire about this.  Sure, I had Microsoft Word, but sometimes I like to switch it up a little and use WordPerfect.  IT informed me that when they did the upgrade, they didn’t reinstall WordPerfect because they’re trying to discourage people from using it.  

Oh, I am discouraged alright.


1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

What was that called again? WordPerplick? I recall something like that from YEARS ago... It was called Wordperfect 5.1, and it ran best on MS-DOS.

Come over to the dark side. Word is good. We all like it over here. You will too..... bwah-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer