Sunday, December 24, 2006
Home
Home.

It's a transient term with a permanent effect. It varies, depending on where I am and where I am referring to.

Right now, I am home. It is not my home though. It is the home my parents moved to after I moved to Halifax. But it is where my family is, so it is home.

Home, is in Halifax. It's where I have made my life, my friends. My home (okay, rented home) is there. My Cat is there, my job is there. My stuff is there. It is home because it is where I am usually. It is where I am comfortable and free.

There are other homes that are just like home to me. Friend's homes. Where you find your friends, and their families. Growing up, most of these homes were as comforting and welcome as your own. You helped yourself to what was in the cupboards, you washed your dishes, or at least put them in the dishwasher, and occasionally you even answered their phone. The door was always open and many years later.... still is.

I am home for the holidays. I hope you are too!

Merry Christmas!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer