Saturday, November 12, 2005
Hug
I had just hung my coat up.  I yawned a yawn that longed for sleep as I went to relieve the night shifter.  The department was shockingly busy for 7:00 am and I could tell from the expressions on everyone’s faces, that that night was not a night of great rest.  

I met Sandie halfway down the hall.  I was happy to see her as it had been quite some time.  She’s busy with school, and me? Well, I’m busy being me.  She looked especially tired but was also especially smiley.  

“I’m so happy to see you, I want to give you a hug! Is that allowed? I just thought I should warn you before I touch you.”
I laughed, “yes, it’s allowed”.  I gave her a morning/long time no see hug.  
We laughed together.

The fact that she asked first might be an indication is that I startled/flipped out one to many times.  I don’t mean to shudder away, and it’s not repulsion, it’s just a personal space issue.  I’m not opposed to hugs; I just sometimes need a warning.  And really, it wasn’t that bad of a way to start the day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer