Monday, November 21, 2005
A penny for my thoughts
I had moved beyond franticity and settled nicely into panic mode.  I was externally calm, cool, and collected while inside there were a thousand bells and whistles sounding like alarms.

I was relieved to know that there were two bank tellers working, who both had clients, but no lineup.  I started the lineup.  

When it was my turn, I approached the teller and stated my request.  I needed one roll of toonies, and one roll of loonies.  The request was simple, and the teller assured me it shouldn’t be a problem.
She swiped my debit card and it was all downhill from there.

“hmmm, that’s interesting.” She said with a perplexed wrinkle across her forehead.
I was worried there was a problem with my card, or account.”Are you aware you paid $14 in extra bank fees last month”.

I was aware, and disgruntled, but now was not the time to tackle that.  

“Yep, that’s fine.  I’ll figure it out later, don’t worry about it.”

The lady looked at me as if I was daft.  She proceeded to tell me that all she would have to do is make a phonecall, she pulled out the book to explain the package.  As thrilled as I was about her concern for me, I was in a rush.  So I told her that.  Like that did any good.
The bank teller proceeded to argue with me.  I told her that I was planning on switching my bank account soon enough and I wasn’t concerned about it right now.  It was on the list of things to do for this week, not on the Friday morning of the craft showcase.
We argued a little more.  She tried from every angle and point of view, no matter how many times I told her I was in a rush, and I didn’t want to sign up for anything today without knowing what I was signing up for.  Finally, I submitted so I could get my change and get out of there.

I can’t believe I got suckered into switching my bank account package.  That was the last thing I needed to do on Friday morning.  And it did nothing but move me from internally panicked to externally frantic.  

If only she had offered me a penny for my thoughts.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer