Friday, December 02, 2005
Half Baked
I dipped my spoon in one more time, and passed the package of Pilsbury Cookie Dough  to Adam.  He looked at me as if he was missing something. I passed him a clean spoon.

“Did you just double dip?”
“Yep. Sorry. Does that bother you?”

There was no sense denying it.  It was true. And to tell you the truth, among friends, double dipping has never really bothered me.  

Adam admits and reminds me that he’s been sick, and I probably don’t want him to double dip.  We have one extra clean spoon, but we gave that to Megan.  So instead, he spoons a portion of dough into a cup.  I continue eating from the package.

An hour later, I can feel the change of mood in the air.  Normally, it’s the type of mood that is pre-cookie dough, not post.  The Garden State soundtrack gives him away. But that’s okay, there really is beauty in the breakdown.

Not that there was a breakdown.  That’s just a test to see if you caught the reference to the soundtrack song that that’s from.

But a little introspection and pensiveness is good from time to time.

By the time I walk home, I too have slipped into the mode of quiet introspection and pensiveness.  I’m all done eating cooking dough for now though, so I guess I’ll just wait it out.  At least I didn’t catch a cold.



1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Ok, clearly I missed something. You were eating cookie dough? Like, the stuff you put in the oven to make cookies? As a snack? Is this a common thing among people younger than me? If so, please let me know so I can post on my own blog about it.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer